Thursday, February 16, 2012

Whats was on my mind at 7am..

I have always felt some sort of way about getting in front of a crowded room and saying my poetry.. Even though Steve talked me into doing open mic nights plenty of times and I did it.. I loved it.. But I could never be fluid enough to me.. I can study my words constantly but it would never come out the way it is supposed to. I would get nervous and sweaty and at the last minute I don't want to do it. But then I think well they called my name and I would look like a major punk if I dont. So I would do it and the poem would be great but the delivery would be the worst. I know it was or maybe I am just too hard on myself. Don't get it twisted I was born with a pen in my hand and I went to sleep with paper as my pillow. I have always like writing since I first heard Nikki Giovanni in third grade. When I grew up I wanted to be a famous writer. Hell my grand daddy even told me I was good :) . But for some reason I am so jealous of those that can stand up and speak their words with such precision and it just rolls of their tongues.  I have a few friends that I can watch them over and over again. Every time I hear my husband do his thing I fall in love with him that much more. He really does inspire me to do better. To write more. You see when I write it isn't always about love. I write about everything, love, I don't really like you, I remembers, at this moments. I write what I feel. I dream of writing. But by the time I wake up the words are gone. Maybe I can invent a machine that would transcribe my dreams that way the words will never leave me.

I have always felt some sort of way about getting in front of a crowd and saying whats on my mind. But you just made it that much better. And one day I will be able to tell you all this in person.

2 comments:

  1. I always enjoyed your poems when you read them. Some people think it's about the flash but it is about the feelings that make you truly connect with a person and their piece. I always felt you in your words and so did everyone else. Plus you know what I say "I write these words for me, how they effect everyone else is secondary. This is my release." Remember if you can leave the stage with the same love or more for your words on that page, that's when you have done something special. "I know poets, I know poets who are poets and don't even know it." I am and always be proud of you and be your biggest fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. im looking forward to reading of your poems. and hearing them ( possible youtube?? hint hint). :-)

    ReplyDelete