Thursday, June 20, 2013

I grew up

Growing up... Some of us don't have a choice in the matter but then some fight it to the death. I was raised in a village of people.. You know the saying it takes a village to raise a child well my family was my village. We had video games like atari, vextrek, nintendo but we were outside more than we were inside the house playing the games. We didn't have cell phones we had the rotary phone that took 5mins just to dial out and please don't mess up and have to start over again. We grew up on a block where even though we weren't all family, we were family... When it rained my mother would make cookies and my brother and I would sit on our porch and watch the rain with our friends and just enjoyed our childhood.. I don't remember when I wanted to grow up. I don't remember when I couldn't wait to be grown. But here we are 20+ years later grown. Some of us have our own children and we look at them and laugh. They are now us not knowing what the future may hold but know it will be bright.

1 comment: