Tuesday, February 18, 2014

yoga

Someone once told me that Yoga isn't a real workout. Or better yet a workout at all.. Well I have been doing yoga for a lil while now and I will tell you that it is a work out. It stretches your muscles that you never knew you had. It isn't just a workout for the physical but the mental as well. When I am having a day from hell which isn't often I walk to my Yoga studio and leave it on the mat. 

When I say I leave it on the mat.. One thing I have realized is when running a business your mind is always going. There is always formulations, ingredients, questions, blogs everything going through your mind. Well when you walk into the studio your mind goes blank. When I get on that mat it is all gone. My mind goes blank and I think of nothing more than that next move. Sometimes the pain of the previous move. The more you breathe you can go farther. It is kind of like life itself. You breathe you can go deeper. It's more about conquering  the fear of those I cants and the unwavering fear of the unknown. It isn't about the pose or what the next person is doing. It isn't a competition. The only competition is you and your head space. Once you get out of your own head and breathe you will be ok. As long as you push your self pass your own limits each time you will get it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment